Author Topic: 1868 Thick Figure Transfer Types  (Read 1741 times)

Martin "Spuff" Spufford

• View Profile
Re: 1868 Thick Figure Transfer Types
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:45 PM »
A splendid effort James. Well done mate.
I have printed it out (55 pages) and had it bound and it will be my new key to the 1868 TTs.
spuff

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
Re: 1868 Thick Figure Transfer Types
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »
Anyone familiar with James' previous article about the Types of the 1872 should treasure this one.  Great images and text, and just a great resource for the collector of the 1868 issue!

Thank you, James!

As a PS, these two articles (the 1868 and 1872 ones) will be eventually added to the compendium of free downloads available to MEPSI members, but not for several weeks...

James Ford

• View Profile
1868 Thick Figure Transfer Types
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »

Hi Folks,

Since I have become interested in Lithographic Transfer Types as a means to establish the authenticity of some of the classic Mexico issues, the contagion has spread to the Mexico 1868 Thick Figure variety.  While trying to learn a bit about the 1868 issue, I have assembled an article on the subject, which can be viewed or downloaded by clicking on this title:

Introduction to the Mexico 1868 Full Face Hidalgo Thick Figure Transfer Types

The actual link is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7QMri6wKqu3UFJQb2NVcEpYV0U

If any of the real experts out there should see anything that is not right in this article, please speak up and I will make the appropriate changes.  It is not carved in stone; it is just electrons.

Again, I need to acknowledge some kind people whose assistance made this article possible, specifically: Fritz Aebi, Thurston Bland, Jose Fregoso, Tad Mackie and Martin Spufford.  Thank you, gentlemen.

James

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:56:46 PM by James Ford »