MexiMail

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new and improved MexiMail

Author Topic: Green, blue, and red sunburst registry seals  (Read 159 times)

Civia Tuteur

• View Profile
Re: Green, blue, and red sunburst registry seals
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »
Thank you, Marc.I like the cancels on the backs of the envelopes as well as the destinations on the front. I find them fascinating.civia

Marc Gonzales

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Green, blue, and red sunburst registry seals
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »
Civia,
Follansbee wrote a pamphlet on the Seals in 1993 in which he describes 24 types, with a number of dies for each type making up a large variety of seals.  Since that publication I believe a 25th has been described.  These were initially authorized in 1913 and apparently used into the 1950s.  Initially they were produced in Blue, and there are a few blue types.  The green type is the scarcest, if you see one you should buy it.  As you say the red ones are the most abundant, however there are many types of red and I believe some may be very scarce as well.  I will I could tell you more, and I hope that a new publication will be forthcoming on these issues.
Marc Gonzales

Civia Tuteur

• View Profile
Green, blue, and red sunburst registry seals
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »
Just curious. What are the dates of usage of the green, blue and red Mexican Sunburst Seals. There seem to be more red Sunburst Seals available than either the green or blue?   Why? When did Mexico stop using the Sunburst seals? Why? Thank you ahead of time for all your information.Civia Tuteur