Author Topic: postal stationery updates  (Read 7396 times)

Bob Watson

• View Profile
Re: postal stationery updates
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »
Fernando
No worries. Easy mistake to make. I have now measured the lengths of the various "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.10" inscriptions on the 80c Ganado y Carne envelopes:
with VALOR TOTAL DE ESTA FORMA $0.20 below stamp:
    72 mm
    74 mm
No VALOR TOTAL DE ESTA FORMA $0.20 below stamp:
     73.5 mm with "S.C.T.-D.G.C." 23 mm wide
     73.5 mm with "S.C.T.-D.G.C." 26 mm wide
     74 mm with "S.C.T.-D.G.C." 26 mm wide

I can also add that I have the $1.60 Bicicletas with 73.5 mm and the $3 Zapatos Correograma. Now I need to find some of the ones I'm missing!

Regards,
Bob
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:27:45 PM by Bob Watson »

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »
You are right, I am sorry, I have been having eyesight problems lately and I mistakenly used the INCHES gauge instead of the metric gague, so when I say:

28mm it should be 72mm
24.5mm = 62mm
29mm = 73.5mm
29.5mm = 75mm
26mm = 66mm

Fernando

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 05:09:44 PM »
When I measure the line "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.10" from the beginning of the "E" in "ESTA" to the final "0" [zero] I get 72 mm. I still don't see what's supposed to be 28 mm. Sorry to be so bothersome.
Regards,
Bob

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »
Just the wording of that specific instruction that I quoted.

Fernando PM

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
Many thanks. That's as I suspected.

Going back to your earlier post, you said (for the first item, for example) "'ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.10' 28 mm long at the bottom of the envelope." I'm having trouble determining exactly what should be 28 mm long (in this case). Can you help please?
Bob

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 12:15:03 PM »
There is no listing, official or otherwise. The last I heard was that Jerry Winerman was working in an update of the old EPS catalogue. The other information source (which is also outdated) is the Higgins & Gage "Priced Catalogue of Postal Stationery of the World", I have the 1969 First Edition Section 12 (Macao to Muscat), and I do not know of any update or new edition after that one.

Regards,

Fernando PM

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »
Were there many new items since the Exportas? Where can I find a listing?

Perhaps an update supplemental listing similar to the EPS catalogue needs to be published and perhaps in Mexicana.

Regards,
Bob
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:05:03 PM by Bob Watson »

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »
Correos de Mexico (SEPOMEX before) is still issuing postal stationery; the last was a letter sheet for Mother's Day in May, 2008 (Scott No. 2573 for the stamp). See MEXICANA April 2009 page 86.

Besides it has also issued some commemorative envelopes without printed stamps, there was one for a Sun Eclipse, one for the Mexico City Post Office and two for Christmas last year. I consider those as postal stationery also because even if they have no postage value printed in them, they were printed by the Government Printing Works and were sold in the Post Office booths.

Fernando PM

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »
Fernando
Thanks for that. Those are the things I was looking for. I will check in more detail my holdings and get back. Does anyone know when Correos / SEPOMEX stopped issuing postal stationery?
Bob

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
I am sorry I missed two more items:

AIR MAIL ENVELOPES:

$1.60 Bicycles without inscription at the bottom of the stamp and "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.20" 29mm long at the bottom right hand corner of the envelope.

$1.60 Bicycles with the same characteristics as the previous one but the inscription at the bottom right hand corner of the envelope is 26mm long.

Fernando PM

Fernando P-M

• Dealer Member
    • View Profile
    • La Filatelia Mexicana
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:48 PM »
I have the following Exporta Postal Stationery items:

ENVELOPES:

80c with "VALOR TOTAL DE ESTA FORMA $0.20" at the bottom of the stamp and "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.10" 28mm long at the bottom of the envelope.

80c with "VALOR TOTAL DE ESTA FORMA $0.20" at the bottom of the stamp and "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.10" 24.5mm long at the bottom right corner of the envelope.

80c without inscription at the bottom of the stamp and "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $0.20" 29mm long at the bottom right corner of the envelope.

$14.00 without inscription at the bottom of the stamp and "ESTA FORMA TIENE UN VALOR ADICIONAL DE $1.50" 29.5mm long at the bottom right corner of the envelope.

$150.00 without inscription at the bottom of the stamp and the inscription at the bottom has the original "S.C.T.-D.G.C." blocked with blue ink and "SEPOMEX" inmediately at right and the value in the bottom right corner is also blocked with blue ink and "$55.00" added in top of it.

$300.00 with exactly the same characteristics as the previous one but the new value in the bottom right corner is $100.00 added in top of the previous blocked value.

CORREOGRAM:

$3.00[/]
[/]
shoes[/] no inscriptions other than those in CLS14 (see the 1976 supplement of the MEPSI P.S. Cat.).

Best regards,

Fernando Perez-Maldonado

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
There must be more to it than that. Among the Exporta envelopes there's one 80c listed in my copy of the 1976 supplement. But in my collection I have several different 80c envelopes differeing in the presence or absence of the red imprint below the stamp indicum, the amount of the "valor adicional" ($0.10 or $0.20), the shade of blue, and the typeface used for the imprints. I have recently won on eBay a $14 Ganado y Carne envelope of similar design to the 80c ones. So my question remains - has anyone got an updated list of postal stationery since the publication of the 1976 supplement to the EPS catalog?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:09:46 PM by Bob Watson »

Jerry Winerman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
One 80 centavo postal card besides the exportas

Bob Watson

• View Profile
postal stationery updates
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »
Has anyone compiled a list of Mexican postal stationery of issues since the EPS catalog supplement dated 1976? There may only be a few Exporta envelopes, but I'm guessing here.
Bob