Author Topic: Catalogo de enteros postales de Mexico  (Read 4563 times)

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Catalogo de enteros postales de Mexico
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:49 AM »
A new updated version of the Postal Stationary cat will be a lot better received than a coffee table book of someones collection. The prices shown in the old catalogue are far outdated, while Ferrer Zavala's pricing is impossibly poorly done. What collectors want to know are two things; what they have and what is it worth. Everything beyond that is less important to them. So, I say, Go Peter Go!
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.

Randall Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:21 PM »
Mr. Bamert's comments about the Bamert Schimmer Hidalgo Envelopes 1874-1884  catalogue translation into Spanish in the recently reviewed books are disturbing and unfortunate. Plagiarism is a discredit to this new author and a literay theft that all in the Mexico Philatelic area should be aware. I strongly suggest initiating a new publication with updates of the Hidalgo Envelops Postal Stationary of Mexico per Mr. Bamert's analysis and review. RR GRACE

Peter Bamert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:41 AM »
These are nice books indeed! But when I got them some months ago, I was not only pleased! At this time Wayne Menuz just had written a review in Postal Stationery and I sent him a "letter to the editor" which he never published in the journal. Ifeel that this is a good opportunity to havelet MexiMailer know my opinion. See attachment)
I wish  you all a healthy and prosperous New Year.
Peter

Mike Roberts

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:57:58 PM »
The author has made the catalog available online without charge. http://federacionmexicanadefilatelia.com/Evento.aspx?sec=11 will link you to the web page.

Mike
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:53:50 PM by Jesper Andersen »

Jesper Andersen

• MEPSI Publications
  • Administrator
  • Strategery!
    • View Profile
    • Mexican Eagles 1864-66
Catalogo de enteros postales de Mexico
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
I have just received a copy of this publications from the author, Arturo Ferrer Zavala. It is very beautiful, fully comparable to the recent Revenue Stamp catalog edited by Mike Roberts.

The books are in Spanish only (with a short preface in English), full color, soft bound with a total weight of 2.56 kg (five pounds!). While I'm not an expert by any means, I'm convinced that these books belong in the library of every collector of Mexican postal stationary. They are heads and shoulders above the now sold out EPS postal stationary catalog published by MEPSI many, many years ago.

The catalogs are reference works and seemingly very complete in the information provided. However, there does not appear to be any attempt at valuations. The first printing is of 500 copies.

There are three volumes:
Volume I: 1874 - 1894 (about 273 pages)
Volume II: 1895 - 1899 (about 221 pages
Volume III: Siglo XX (Twentieth century) (about 319 pages)

I received these unsolicited, so I know very little about how or where to buy them. The best I can do for now is to let you know that they were shipped by the author:
Arturo Ferrer Zavala
Plaza Guipuzcoa No. 9, 1
San Sebastian 20004
Spain

Please let me know if you can't read this.