Author Topic: Nick's Auction  (Read 2322 times)

Martin "Spuff" Spufford

• View Profile
Re: Nick's Auction
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 01:36:46 AM »
 :) Had a great and successful visit to Reno!!!!!!!!
Lots of Bloody Marys and lots of old friends.
I have just checked Fedex and my "box" has reached Honolulu on its way to NZ. I got home 0500 yesterday and have had a well-earned rest.
Last Friday and Saturday were really hectic with only 17 available hours for viewing!!
Talk about sore eyes.
Also a big thank you to Shel and Rita Beigel for their annual and de riguer brunch on Sunday so we could unwind after the tension of the previous few days.
See you guys next year.
A very tired spuff :)

Randall Grace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:28 PM »
The Follansbee Auction of 2011 was another enjoyable event for all able to attend as the materials were massive, diverse, well described, most lots screened for nongenuine and everyone present generally had a great time. Imagine two days of discussing Mexico Stamps, almost unheard of for most collectors or auctions. It became a wonderful opportunity to visit with new attendees and many of the well known collectors of Mexico. There is always learning opportunities because of all the interactions and even "IPAD viewing" of stamps!!

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:02:17 PM »
A little early for prices realized, the auction just ended Saturday night.

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
Does anyone have the prices relaised? I checked on Nick's website, but the latest appears to be an announcement of the "forthcoming" sale #21, held in 2009.

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nick's Auction
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
Wow, a lot of stamps. I mean a lot of stamps in huge numbers and numerous amounts in lot after lot. Great fun it was and for those that went, it was a great time to get together and talk about our favorite subject, stamps. The bidding had to go at breath taking speed to get though 1348 lots.

All floor bidders won some pretty good lots. Some got away to book. I didn't see any disapointed bidders in the crowd. I sure wasn't, because I got many lots to put into my stock of 1856 and 1861 issues, with some other really nice lots in other areas as well.

I also found some examples of cancels to be added to my Dos Reales collection that I haven't ever seen before. So much good material it is hard to describe.

Hey, from all the book bids that were successful, there will be a lot of people sitting at home on this auction that will also be pleased.

A great big THANK YOU to Nick for getting the Mexican material together for such a great auction.
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.