Author Topic: Meetings at WESTPEX  (Read 1958 times)

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Meetings at WESTPEX
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
I can't speak for all the guys that will be doing talks, but I will turn my talk outline into an article for Mexicana later in the year. I have it down now pretty much in that form, but likely will find some better examples for my scans and add a few more notes.
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.

Bob Watson

• View Profile
Re: Meetings at WESTPEX
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
Bubba
For those of us who will be unable to attend, will there be some record of these events? Something printed would be nice, but even better would be videos. I would find all those topics very interesting.
Bob

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Meetings at WESTPEX
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
This month at WESTPEX (San Francisco Show) April 27-29, Mepsi is sponsering three meetings. John Kordich and I will be giving talks and Peter Bamert will be holding a workshop. They are listed as:
1) Mexico-Elmhurst Philatelic Society International (MEPSI)
Informal meeting to launch the new Mexico Postal Stationery project moderated by Dr. Peter Bamert of Switzerland
2) Mexico-Elmhurst Philatelic Society International (MEPSI)
Presentation: Understanding the Postal Districts of Mexico by Bubba Bland, MEPSI President
3) Mexico-Elmhurst Philatelic Society International (MEPSI)
Seminar: Forming a Representative Collection of Mexico at Reasonable Prices by John Kordich, Past MEPSI President

If you are going to the show, Schuyler Rumsey is also holding an auction in conjunction with the show, which will have a number of lots of Mexico.

For those that will be going to the Denver RMSS (Rocky Mountain Stamp Show) for MEPSI's annual convention we will also have three speakers and of course our Societies Meetings. Both of these shows will be very to do, if you have a chance to join us.

Bubba
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.