Author Topic: Past Follansbee Auctions in PDF format now available  (Read 2892 times)

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
Re: Past Follansbee Auctions in PDF format now available
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:32:45 AM »
One of the Auction files, Auction Number 5, became corrupted while it was being uploaded, and could not be read.  I have replaced it and it should now work.  Please send me an email (library@mepsi.org) if you need a replacement for that file and I will send you the link.

By the way, this problem only applies to the Auction 5 file that is "in the cloud" - if you got Auction 5 on a DVD then it should work fine.

Please let me know if any problems are encountered, and thanks to the member who pointed this problem out to me.

Regards,

Tad Mackie
MEPSI Librarian
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:06:00 PM by Tad Mackie »

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
Past Follansbee Auctions in PDF format now available
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:59 PM »
A new digital item is now available to MEPSI members, the "Nicholas Follansbee Auctions", which consists of all 22 of the Follansbee Auctions from the first one in March 1989 to the 22nd one held in June 2011.  All are in searchable PDF format and are available in one downloadable folder.  The folder includes two informational files which contain helpful information about using the auction files.  There are 24 files in all.  Each auction file also contains the Prices Realized at the end of the auction.

The folder is pretty large, about 1.2 Gigabytes, so you don't want to try this if you are using dial-up to access the internet.  With broadband it will probably take about 20 - to 30 minutes to download the files in the folder.  (A DSL connection with 7.5 MB download speed was able to download all the files in about 20 minutes.) 

If you have broadband internet access, for a link to download the above files, email your request to:   library@mepsi.orgPlease include your name, MEPSI membership number (if you know it), and that you are requesting the "Follansbee Auctions files".

The following will vary a bit depending on which browser you use:  When you get the link simply click it and a new window will open listing the 24 files.  Click each of the files to begin the download.  Multiple files may be clicked and downloaded at the same time.  (You may have to repeat to get all 24 files, for example clicking 5 or so files to download at a time.)

If you do not have broadband internet access, or only have dial-up access, then the above files may be requested on DVD by regular mail from:

Tad Mackie, MEPSI Librarian
55 Logan Circle
Strasburg, VA  22657-5266

There is a nominal charge of $5.00 to cover the cost of the DVD and postage.  Make your check (in US dollars, please) out to:   Mexico Elmhurst Philatelic Society.  If a US dollar check is not possible, or if you have any questions, please email me and we will work something out.

As always, please advise:   library@mepsi.org    of any problems or questions.