Author Topic: PIPEX (Portland) Has openings  (Read 4785 times)

Randall Grace

• View Profile
Re: PIPEX (Portland) Has openings
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
The recent Pipex show in Portland and Mepsi meeting was one of the best I have attended ever due to the enthusiasm, exhibits, members attending, and socializing. On Thursday evening there was an informal "discussion groups" after dinner that went till late in the evening attended by Bubba Bland, Tad Mackie and wife, Nick Follansbee, Omar Rodriquez, Enrique Trigeros, Jorge Castillo, John Kordich, Mike Roberts,Guy Shaw, Jerry Winerman, Jesper Anderson and wife, myself and others. Friday was filled with review of the interesting exhibits of Pete Taylor, Omar Rodriquez, Tom Amato, Mark Banchik,Marc Gonzales to name just a few and these were as always educational. Friday evening there was a Mepsi evening gathering organized by Pete Taylor that no one wanted to leave due to the excellent food and friendly crowd which everyone agreed was the best yet social event for a Mepsi meeting. I was especially pleased to see some our foreign members at this meeting including Fritz Aebi from Switzerland, Robert Watson from New Zealand, Enrique Trigeros, Jaime Benavides, Gilberto Chong, Enrique Sanchez Garcia and was not able to spend enough time with them. I will say that my impression was that this meeting exceeded everyone's expectations and was truly enjoyable. Pete Taylor as the single representative for Mepsi about the meeting provided an excellent venue and social environment for which he was profusely thanked though probaly not adequate but members that go beyond the norm are pleasantly common in Mepsi.  The new cancel book by Pete Taylor was available at this meeting as well as another reverse cancel identification research book that were very popular and in color. For those that are interested in these books Pete Taylor can be contacted for your  purchase Although I realize that attendence of Mepsi meetings is difficult for most, I believe that in the future members should strongly consider attendence to learn, explore, view Mexico Philately, discuss issues with the true experts as well as maintain freindships with the your friends in Mepsi. I hope to see everyone in Sarasota in 2014.
R Randall Grace

Jesper Andersen

• MEPSI Publications
  • Administrator
  • Strategery!
    • View Profile
    • Mexican Eagles 1864-66
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:35:09 PM »
Check out the web site for the show: http://www.pipexshow.org/

Looking forward to meeting old and new friends there!
Please let me know if you can't read this.

Pete Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
MEPSI has never had a meeting in the Pacific NW. This is our chance to introduce Mexican Philately to a brand new audience. The area (Portland and Seattle) has a very strong philatelic base although it seems that I am the only collector of Mexico within 500 miles.

Initially the Show (PIPEX) set aside 100 frames for Mexico exhibits. So far only 24 of those frames have been taken. I would strongly encourage any of you out there with exhibits to show them at PIPEX. The Show is turning back the remaining frames to other exhibitors but at the moment there are still plenty of frames available if you hurry. This is our chance to make a splash!

Applications are available on line at the show's homepage or you can contact me or Bubba and we can hook you up.

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PIPEX (Portland) Has openings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 10:36:14 PM »
Fellows, I got a call from the organizers for the Portland Show and they have tables available for dealers. They would like to see more dealers of Mexican material sign up. This is a win win situation for any members that travel to this show.
They also have a number of frames available for anyone wanting to exhibit. Remember that MEPSI gives out three awards for the best Mexican Exhibits. One of these wonderful metals could be yours.
If you know anyone that might be interested, please contact me or Pete Taylor (our email addresses are in Mexicana) for more information about the show and who to contact
Thanks,
Bubba Bland
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.