Author Topic: Cancel Book-update  (Read 2823 times)

Ernesto

• Ernesto Gutierrez
    • View Profile
Re: Cancel Book-update
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
Hi,

yes, Polo is a close friend of mine and is willing to share his info!!!

After I mentioned him I sent you the link he told me he sent you the link already.

Hope it is helpful to you.

If I find out something else I will inform you immediately.

Have a good day.

Ernesto:.

Ernesto Gutierrez Alvarez:.

Pete Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 12:59:32 AM »
Ernesto,
Thanks. Polo Calderon supplied me with that page from his collection.
Pete Taylor

Ernesto

• Ernesto Gutierrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
Hi Pete,

A friend sent me this link where you might find something:

http://imageshack.us/g/1/10012381/

Good luck hunting.

My best regards.

Pete Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »
Ernesto,
Go ahead and spread the word. I can use all the help I can get. I have tried to get requests out for the past year through Mexicana and word-of-mouth. Response has been very poor. Only 4 collectors have responded with any material. Either nobody collects this area or they are too lazy to contribute. Success of the book is very much in the hands of collectors and it will be a much poorer project if I don't get help. Luckily the sources that have responded have really filled the pages. Schimmer's book was about 400 pages....I am up to 614 pages.

Pete Taylor

Ernesto

• Ernesto Gutierrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »
Dear Pete, if you allow me, I will copy and paste your text in a couple of blogs in order to seek for more help. Hope we find some people willing to aport his pics.

Congratulations for your project!!!! I wish you the best!

My very best regards.

Pete Taylor

• View Profile
Cancel Book-update
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
I have been working on a new book covering cancels from 1884 to 1900 (Hidalgo Medallions, Numerals, and Mulitas) for the past two years. I think I see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel. However, I am at the point where I desperately need the assistance of my fellow collectors. I have used all the examples from my own collection and I still need a number of examples to complete the "art-work" in the book.

What I need are the following scans:

Covers, postcards, or fronts showing very clear cancels from the following States (preferably sub-offices).
Aguascalientes (2 or 3 examples), Campeche (2), Chihuahua, Coahuila, Durango (2), Guerrero (2), Hidalgo, Jalisco (2), Mexico, Michoacan, Tamaulipas, and Zacatecas (2). Scans should be close with no background edges showing.

I could also use scans of individual stamps with great cancels to augment what I already have. This is especially true for the State of Morelos of which I have zero and need 5 or 6. If you have material that you would like to see in a book please take the time to send me scans (close-cropped with no background).

Please send scans to pedrotay@hughes.net . Scans should be done at 300dpi.I am including a few scan attachments as examples of what I need.

Thank you....Pete Taylor