Author Topic: New Postal Rates for Mexico in April 2016??  (Read 3513 times)

Mike Ludeman

• View Profile
Re: New Postal Rates for Mexico in April 2016??
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
Rodolfo,
Thank you Very Much!!
I had looked at only a few these Tarifa files on-line, and those I looked at were not changed.  My carelessness.
With your two links as a start, I went back to the Correos de Mexico website, and looked at all of the posted Tarifa Files.  From what I observed, it appears that only the five rate files for International mail were updated (the two you identified, and three others).
Is it your understanding that only the International rates have changed at this time?
I next looked at the second part of the Tarifas - for "Masivos", which I think of as Bulk Mail.  The only Tarifa I found here with the new date was list 9) Sacas Especiales M, or "M-Bag" mail.
Also in this section, no file was present for entry 8) in the list Cartas Internacionales. (I got a download error - file not found)
I also notices a few subtle changes in the organization of these pages.
Several of the current Domestic Rate files which had been posted on-line gave an effective date of 24 Feb 2010.  Other sections of the previously posted Tarifa had no date associated with them.  Can I interpret this to indicate that this is the first rate change since 24 Feb 2010, or have there been other - possibly minor - rate changes that have occurred since?
Thanks for any additional information you might have.Mike

Rodolfo Torres Vazquez

• MEPSI Member
    • View Profile
    • RTV/Stamps
Re: New Postal Rates for Mexico in April 2016??
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »
Here is the new Postal Rates 2016 for letter and Postcards, range 20grms to 1 kilo (in Mexican peso):
http://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/Tarifas/TCorreos/Documents/IndF.pdf

+ Additional Services as Registered Mail (No.I)
http://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/Tarifas/TCorreos/Documents/IndK.pdf
Regards!Rodolfo
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:28:13 PM by Rodolfo Torres Vazquez »
I like Mexican Philately!

Mike Ludeman

• View Profile
New Postal Rates for Mexico in April 2016??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
I have recently received a rumor/report that the Mexico Postal Administration has revised the postal rates effective this past month (April 2016).
I have no precise date, and the Correos de Mexico website does not mention this and the rates posted there are the same as they have been for the past several years. A GOOGLE search likewise gives no information, and there is nothing ppublished in the Diario OFicial de la Federacion.  However, none of this is conclusive.
If there is a MexiMail reader in Mexico who knows something about this rumor - either TRUE or FALSE - please post your information and/or contact me directly.
If there is a new set of rates, I would very much like to learn the (a) effective date, and (b) obtained a printed copy of the Postal Tarifa with the new rates if one is published and available at a local post office.
Anyone interested in Mexico postal rates is invited to contact me. 
Mike.