Author Topic: ½R no name late usage.4R reprint pair withn scratches  (Read 1870 times)

Martin "Spuff" Spufford

• View Profile
Re: ½R no name late usage.4R reprint pair withn scratches
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 06:22:50 PM »
Thanks marc,
I sent you a scan directly at 600dpi.
spuff

Marc Gonzales

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »
Spuff,
The 1856 red 4r reprints were printed from 4r plate II.  There are complete sheets known of this plate of Scott #9, they have no plate line and less space between horizontal rows than plate I.  In the Expert Committee reference collection I see many of the 4r 1856 reprints have plate positions identified so someone in the past (perhaps Bash) went to the trouble of identifying these positions on the 1856 reprints.  Attached is an example.  I have not seen such scratches on reprints before and don't think the scratches are what identifies these as positions 11-12.  I'm not sure these are scratches, perhaps smears.
Marc

Manuel Iglesias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 05:56:58 PM »
Spuff,

1. Looks like circular dated Guadalajara.

2. I don't know.

Best  regards and stay safe,

Manuel.

Martin "Spuff" Spufford

• View Profile
½R no name late usage.4R reprint pair withn scratches
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »
Hi everybody
just doing a clear-out
2 items
1. a medio with late date cancel of March 1861. and a frameline so no problems with genuineness. No district name and can anyone name the district and  cancel please?

2, A pair of 1856 4r reprints. Where can I find details of reprints. these 2 have plate scratches and are marked on the back "11/12" which I presume is the position in the plate. Where can I find such information to check if this is true.?
Keep safe, Stay indoors and do your stamps!!!!!!!!!!

spuff (relatively safe in NZ).