Author Topic: what's the story  (Read 4187 times)

Héctor Ramírez Gallo

• View Profile
Re: what's the story
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
Hello
I made the offer for the $34.00 dlls. When I put the offer and check that this item explote in his price. I was in shock. The cover to Belgium was my principal target more for the cancellation "Sucursal J". No more. I can not explain with this item could be justific this price.

Héctor

Merry Chrimas and Happy Year :)

Rich Daffner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
I agree.  I too find nothing to bid on.  Mike Hart feels there is nothing there as well.  The other cover also has nothing special about it.   

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »
Let me amplify a bit.  It is interesting to me that 5 out of 6 bidders sniped a seemingly pedestrian item, and drove the price up that high.  That tells me they were either 1) shill-bidding (extremely unlikely in this case, IMO), or 2) they perceived something of value in the cover that I do not.

Rich Daffner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
I have no problem with the last second bids, I did'nt even notice.  It's the usual way on ebay now.  What amazes me is 6 bidders and the price.  The important item, Registered, is only a front with, therefore, missing postage.   

Bob Watson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
Rich,
Most likely those last-second bids were from a sniping service such as EZ Sniper (www.exsniper.com). But what's fishy is the price reached.
Bob

Tad Mackie

• Administrator
  • So many stamps, so little time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:39:04 AM »
And 5 of those 6 bids were in the last 10 seconds, by all different bidders!!  That doesn't look right!

Rich Daffner

• View Profile
what's the story
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »
Item # 230408852258 six bids, six bidders sold for 160.27 the complete cover is common and the Reg cvr is a front only with the missing stamps most likely on the detached reverse.  What could be the reason to bid on this lot?  If I'm not overlooking something the price paid should have been under the 34.00 bid.  Unless inflation is the motivating factor.