Author Topic: WELLS FARGO COVERS  (Read 4393 times)

Héctor Ramírez Gallo

• View Profile
Re: WELLS FARGO COVERS
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 09:02:48 AM »
Thanks you both for your answers.

Héctor

Marc Gonzales

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
Regarding the Wells Fargo covers of Mexico, the Western Cover Society is devoting a full issue of it's journal Western Express (June 2010, 90+ pages) to the Mexico Wells Fargo operation.  I haven't received my copy of the journal yet, but I imagine it will be informative.  Their website is www.westerncoversociety.org.  If you happen to contact them please mention MEPSI as we will also be placing and add for MEPSI in their journal and accepting an add from them.

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 11:03:58 PM »
Almost all have been found used, but most are in the hands of collectors that have specialized in these Wells Fargo covers.

The various denomination were according to rate changes, interior and exterior use, weght of packages and changing of stamp designs. Early ones actually had district imprints on the covers. All Wells Fargo covers are considered prized collectables.
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.

Héctor Ramírez Gallo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:15 PM »
Hello Bubba

Thanks for your explanation. And one more question. Do you know why all this covers have differents face value or/and face value revalued. I don't find any reason for this. In fact I have not seen any of this envelopes used the most are new. Do you know if this envelopes are philatelic or they was really used normally on his time

And thanks again.

Bubba Bland

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
The reason these sold for so much is that there were two bidders and they were willing to pay the price. This doesn't mean they are worth that, only that these two guys were willing to pay whatever it took to win the lots. The lost started out for $19.99 each. So, it wasn't the seller but the buyers that determined the price.

Happens all the time.

Are they worth these prices. No, not really, because they can be found for less, but value is in the eyes of the beholder.
A collector of Dos Reales of the first design. Always having fun.

Héctor Ramírez Gallo

• View Profile
WELLS FARGO COVERS
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:14 PM »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:05:52 PM by Jesper Andersen »